Why Work for WorldReach?
Quite simply because you want to make a difference. WorldReach helps governments deliver assistance to millions of people internationally, for routine consular/passport assistance as well crisis assistance during high profile events such as the Asian & Japanese Tsunamis, 9/11, Arab Spring or the MH17 air incident. Every day our employees work to enhance the safety and security of people traveling or living abroad.
Work Life Balance
WorldReach recognizes the need for balance between work and the quality of life enjoyed by its employees. Comprehensive health coverage for employees and their families, RRSP options, employee recognition programs, and confidential employee assistance programs are available to help to promote the well being of families. Social and family events are held throughout the year to help promote this balance.
Investing in People
We want our employees to grow with our company. Career growth is strongly encouraged through the ongoing support of training. Training allowances are available to employees to continue study within their current career fields.
To join our team of dedicated and committed professionals who are making a global impact, see below for current opportunities:
WorldReach is currently looking for an iOS Developer for a 2 to 6 month contract position to port an existing Android application to iOS. The application is aimed at iOS mobile phones. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications, integration of third-party SDKs and integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing for the iOS platform
- Proficient with Swift and Cocoa Touch
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of SVN code versioning tools
- Knowledge of Cordova and Xamarin would be an asset