Why Work for WorldReach?
Quite simply because you want to work on innovative, leading-edge projects and make a difference. WorldReach helps governments deliver e-government services to millions of people internationally, for routine consular/passport/identity verification services as well crisis assistance during high profile global natural and man-made events. Every day our employees work to enhance the safety and security of people travelling or living abroad.
Work Life Balance
WorldReach recognizes the need for balance between work and the quality of life enjoyed by its employees. Comprehensive health coverage for employees and their families, RRSP options, employee recognition programs, and confidential employee assistance programs are available to help to promote the well-being of families. Social and family events are held throughout the year to help promote this balance.
Investing in People
We want our employees to grow with our company. Career growth is strongly encouraged through the ongoing support of training. Training allowances are available to employees to continue study within their current career fields.
To join our team of dedicated and committed professionals who are making a global impact, see below for current opportunities:
Intermediate Android Developer
We are looking for an intermediate Android developer to add to our development team. Your primary focus will be development of Android applications as well as the development, design and integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Provide On-Call support 1 week per month
- Five years of Java and/or .NET programming/analysis experience and ideally experience with C#
- Experience developing, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining the back-end services, models, processes and databases that support the application
- Experience designing, developing and optimizing SQL Server database objects, tables, stored procedures, views, triggers
- Development experience with Android Studio
- Experience creating RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Android design principles and interface guidelines
- University Degree or College Diploma in a software development related field
- Ability to stay up-to-date on new technologies and development techniques to improve application quality and construction efficiency
- Ability to obtain and maintain Government of Canada Secret Clearance
Desirable Technical Skill
- Experience designing secure cloud environments and deploying to these environments
If you have the desire to work for a company that is striving to make a difference in the lives of people, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume to email@example.com.