WorldReach Moderating at ICAO Traveller Identification Programme Regional Seminar in Nairobi
November 5, 2015
WorldReach is honoured to be moderating sessions at the ICAO Traveller Identification Programme (ICAO TRIP/MRTD) Regional Seminar in Nairobi, Kenya, on November 10 to 12, 2015. The moderator of both Session 4 – Document Security and Integrity on Tuesday, November 10th, at 15:45 to 16:45 and Session 6 – Border Controls on Wednesday, November 11th, at 11:15 to 12:25 will be WorldReach’s own Director of Business Development, Steven Grant, who is also a member of the ICAO Technical Advisory Group on Traveller Identification Programme, (TAG/TRIP), Capacity Building and Implementation Working Group.
Session 4 will highlight the current and emerging specifications and security measures designed to minimize document fraud, as well as ICAO specifications for passports, visas and ID cards (Doc 9303, Machine Readable Travel Documents).
- Barry Kefauver, Member, ICAO Technical Advisory Group on Traveller Identification Programme (TAG/TRIP), Implementation and Capacity Building Working Group, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) presenting an overview of “ICAO MRTD Specifications: New Seventh Edition, Doc 9303 – Machine Readable Travel Documents”
- Dr. Gordon Kihalangwa, Director, Immigration, Kenya covering “Kenya’s eCitizen Programme”
- Catherine Hamon Sharpe, Assistant Representative (Protection), United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) speaking on “Machine Readable Convention on Travel Documents: A Humanitarian Challenge in the Field,”
Session 6 will cover interoperable applications, inspection systems & tools and focus on border integrity and border controls, inspection systems & tools, and interoperable applications that enhance security and the facilitation benefits to Member States. Particular reference will be made to their use in combatting terrorism and trans-border crime. Topics will also touch on watch lists, passport readers and border information systems, the ICAO PKD, traveller data, inter-agency and cross-border information sharing.
- Christopher Hornek, Manager, Aviation Security and Facilitation, IATA, Montreal with “An overview of IATA’s API policy in light of UNSCR 2178”
- Hellen Makau, Aviation Security Inspector, Kenyan Civil Aviation Authority speaking on the topic of “Travel Document Security in Combating Terrorism”
- Jean Salomon, JSalomon Consulting Partners presenting “Putting Advanced Border Management to Work: Challenges and Opportunities”
Additional details on this ICAO TRIP/MRTD Regional Seminar can be found by visiting: http://www.icao.int/Meetings/mrtd-Nairobi-2015
About WorldReach Software
WorldReach Software supplies consular, passport and eVisa/Electronic Travel Authorization software and fosters best practices used by more than 3000 daily users in over 950 sites, making it the leading company providing global consular software solutions for Foreign Affairs. WorldReach Software helps ensure traveller safety and security worldwide through its systems for both government consular organizations as well as individual travellers. Customers include government ministries and departments from Canada, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Ireland, Denmark, Anguilla, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos Islands and the British Virgin Islands.For more information contact: www.worldreach.com